Why aren’t escalations auto-creating Next Activities?
When you create an Escalation Rule, or modify the Escalation Teams, Rocketship will use the Quickfix “out-of-the-box” Next Activity if available. This is the default 15-minute block of time.
If Rocketship is not auto-scheduling a Resource that is the target of a dispatch/escalation, the most common causes are:
- The Escalation Team’s Auto Scheduling value is not set.
- The Auto Scheduling value is set to a Next Activity that is disabled.
To verify this is the case:
- Log into the Admin Portal
- Navigate to your Escalation Rule
- View your Escalation Teams Configuration
- Determine if the Auto Scheduling value is defined and valid
Following is an example where the Escalation Team does not have a value for the Auto Scheduling field.