Autotask workflow rules give you the ability to auto-assign tickets. To create a workflow rule that auto-assigns tickets, you want to define your rule in the workflow description of the business process template. Remember to structure as an if/then statement.
Watch this video clip from our webinar as we discuss how to define a business process:
To transfer this workflow rule to Autotask, in the NEW WORKFLOW RULE window follow these steps:
- Add the Workflow Rule Name > (Example: “BP-001 S-001 Set Ticket Owner”)
- Set Created by > Anyone
- Set Edited by > Anyone
And the following conditions are met:
- Set Status > Not equal to > Complete
- Set Primary Resource > Is empty
- Set Queue Name > Equal to > Account Management
Then perform the following updates:
- Set Primary Resource/Role = [Account Manager with Default Service Desk Role]
- Save & Close
Before auto-assigning tickets, you’ll want to check out our posts on Autotask Workflow Rules | Define a Business Process and Autotask Workflow Rules | Best Practices.
To access the full webinar on Using Autotask Workflow Rules to Auto-Assign Tickets, fill out the form below!