MSPs can continue on an effective cyber protection drive by next focusing on Stage 4: Recovery. Quickly and safely restore data from known, accurate backups in the event it gets compromised by implementing the following elements:
- Remove malware from backup. Scanning full-disk backups at a centralized location helps find potential vulnerabilities and malware infections – ensuring users can restore a malware-free backup.
- Instant ‘in-place’ recovery of affected data. Instant recovery allows a backup snapshot to run temporarily as a virtual machine on secondary storage after a failure or disaster occurs.
- Safe recovery. Patching and applying the latest anti-malware definitions allows users to restore the OS image with the latest patches thereby reducing the chance of a reoccurring infection.
- Automation. Having the ability to configure all workflow areas automatically – at a process, application, or infrastructure level – reduces manual dependencies.
- Email archiving and recovery. Preserve and keep or recover business-critical emails.
Cyber protection for MSPs is a key part of having a secure digital world for you and your clients. It helps keep precious information safe from hackers, cybercriminals, and agents of fraud. A good cyber protection plan will focus on all five stages- prevention, detection, response, recovery, and forensics.