Welcome to our Knowledge Base
Defining the Escalation Path in Ticket Routing Rules
Every Ticket Routing Rule has an Escalation Path. The Escalation Path defines the order that Rocketship will escalate a ticket. Let’s take an example:
For HelpDesk tickets, you want this order:
- IT: Tech 1 Team. This is your Level 1 helpdesk and they get all new tickets.
- IT: Tech II Team. This is your Level 2 helpdesk and they only get tickets that Level 1 can’t resolve.
- IT: Service Manager Team. This is your service manager and she only gets tickets that your Level 2 can’t resolve.
In an Ticket Routing Rule:
- Click on Edit Ticket Routing Rule in the Escalation Path window
- Drag & Drop the teams from the Unassigned Teams box into the Assigned Teams box — this is an ordered list, so you can move them up/down as needed
- Click Save Changes
Once done, you’ll see the Escalation Path has been updated in the Ticket Routing Rule: